Learn Trimble® SketchUp Pro® - Essentials
To train the fundamental principles of 3D design, using Hands-on exercises representing real-world scenarios.
This course is intended for those with little or no experience in 3D.
The course is intended to provide delegates with the principle of 3D design using Trimble® SketchUp Pro®, after completion delegates will be able to capture design intent by using the proper techniques and recommended workflows for creating 3D models.
3 Days (9:30am – 4:30pm)
No previous CAD experience is necessary. Working knowledge of drafting and/or design is an advantage but not a prerequisite, some basic knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® would be an advantage.
- Introduction…What can it do?
- User interface and the screen
- Menu Bar and icon selection/set-up
- Using the Default Tray
- View manipulation
- Using the Instructor*
- Sketching and Construction
- Faces, Surfaces and Solids
- Styles, Painting and Views
- Explanation of Groups and Components
- Using Push/Pull and Follow Me
- Move, Rotate and Scale
- 3D Text
- Using Copy, Circular and Rectangular Patterns
- Using Layers and Colours
- Creating Groups and Components
Import and Export
- Importing and exporting DWG and DXF data
- Accessing the Warehouse*
- Placing from the Warehouse*
- Storing model from the Warehouse*
- Review the Extension Warehouse*
- Creating your own Library
- Parallel and Perspective view creation
- Storing and replaying views
- Section views
- Shadows and Sunlight settings
- Using Geographic Location*
- Painting Material
- Mapping Faces
- Using Layout module
- Creating a 2D working drawings
*Internet access is required.
A consistent dataset will be delivered to attendees during the training; practical exercises will be performed to cover concepts and topics, allowing a better understanding of the software and the methodology of designing with Trimble® SketchUp Pro®.
Please note – Content and timescales may vary dependent on the requirements of the delegates.