Bake to Texture
Introducing a new streamlined intuitive and fully scriptable texture baking features, that support PBR and OSL workflows
Scripting with Python 3
Python 3 is now part of this release, with an improved pymxs API that gives access to all the 3ds Max features – a modern experience for developers and technical artists.
Additional 3ds Max 2021 updates
Other updates include:
- A revamp of the installation process means quicker and easier experience to get the software up and running in no time.
- Arnold 6.0 out of the box.
- Several additions to the Physical Based Rendering (PBR) workflows.
- New OSL shaders that support a much more appealing and useable UI.
- Big improvements in speed when saving scene files with a very large number of assets.
- Added support for weighted normals to be calculated and applied to models.
- Enhancements to the ATF-based SketchUp importer that comes with 3DS Max.
- New Substance2 map type, performance improvements, and many new capabilities.
- ProSound Improved audio support.
- FBX improvements in the UI, and added supports for Shell, PBR and OSL exports.
- Plugin compatibility with 3ds Max 2020, and improvements to Plugin Packaging.