Your Questions Answered
Why Are Autodesk Moving to One Model?
Earlier this year, Autodesk announced a move towards a single business model based on term-based subscriptions.
For those customers that have previously invested in perpetual licenses with maintenance, Autodesk have introduced a compelling offer to migrate to a term-based subscription at a substantial discount.
Switch and Save
Under the transition plan, customers will be able to ‘switch’ their products from a maintenance plan to a subscription at a heavily discounted price.
A summary of the transition plan is as follows:
- Special SRP pricing (typically 60% approx. discount) will be fixed for up to 3 years provided the subscription continues to be renewed. *
- The switch discount varies product to product but will always be less than the equivalent maintenance plan (even beyond 3 years).
- The price to switch will increase 5% annually, so the earlier customers switch to a subscription, the greater the savings compared to those who wait.
* price may vary subject to the impact of currency fluctuations or availability of additional end user discounts.
Switch and Move
Customers who wish to switch from single products (AutoCAD / Revit / Inventor etc) have the option to switch to the same product on subscription or take the opportunity to move to an alternative. This may be another product or in some cases, an industry collection.
Customers who wish to switch from suite products (Building Design Suite / Product Design Suite etc) can switch to the equivalent industry collection (AEC Collection / Product Design Collection etc).
If you wish to access a full list of switch options for your existing product, please download the full list of available switch options.
Autodesk – Maintenance to Subscription Options
|FROM A MAINTENANCE PLAN FOR:||TO A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN FOR:|
|An individual product||The same individual product or an industry collection|
|An individual LT product||The same individual LT product or LT Suite|
|A Design & Creation Suite||An industry collection|
|An LT Suite||An LT Suite|
You will have the ability to switch to an annual or multi-year subscription, regardless of the term length of your current maintenance plan.
Switch and Simplify
By switching to subscription, customers will benefit from the following:
- Latest and greatest product capabilities – Get access to Autodesk’s ongoing stream of innovation, updates to core products, cloud services for desktop products and additional capabilities as soon as they are available, at no additional cost.
- Access to advanced support for all products – Enjoy faster response times and the option to receive help by scheduling a call with Autodesk technical support specialists.
- Simplified administration – Access streamlined deployment and software management by moving all licenses to a single subscription platform.
What Happens if I Decide to Stay on a Maintenance Plan?
Whilst customers who switch will benefit from fixed prices for 3 years, maintenance renewal prices will increase by 10% in 2018 and 20% in 2019. Autodesk will continue to support maintenance plan customers in the medium term but annual costs will be considerably higher in comparison to subscription.To mitigate these increases and enjoy the benefits of subscribing sooner, customers should consider moving to a subscription as soon as possible.
How Do I Access Further Information?
If you wish to access more information about the switch programme, Autodesk’s have released a full customer FAQ document
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the above in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact your call our Autodesk subscriptions team on 01344 751300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org